519 440 0871 BIA Manager: Susan Carradine Armstrong
Goderich: Founded in 1827 by William ‘Tiger’ Dunlop, Goderich is the oldest settlement in Huron County. The town is located on the shore of Lake Huron where the terminus of Highway 8 meets Highway 21. The town plan was laid out in 1828 and commercial and residential development soon followed. With the arrival of the railway in 1861, Goderich’s population and economy grew steadily. The population of the town is now 7,521. Goderich is well-known for its centrally-located octagonal Court House Park. Court House Park is surrounded by eight commercial blocks that line eight major streets, creating a wheel-hub affect. This central commercial area is known as ‘The Square’. The turn of the century architecture present in these commercial blocks is considered harmonious and uniform with similar two- or three-story design and brick construction methods.